For the meatballs:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
For the zucchini pasta:
- 5 medium zucchinis
- 1 jar of tomato sauce of choice (I use Rao’s)
- Optional: grated parm cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place all of the ingredients for the meatballs in a large mixing bowl and mix together. Dip your hands in water and form a golf sized meatball and set on the baking sheet. Repeat until 8-9 meatballs are formed.
- Transfer the meatballs into the oven. Bake them for 10 minutes. Flip them and bake for another 10 minutes.
- After the meatballs are flipped, place a deep, large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the tomato sauce and bring to a solid simmer.
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- Once the meatballs are done, add them to the simmering sauce and toss to coat in the sauce. Reduce heat to a medium-low simmer.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the zucchini noodles and toss for 5 minutes.
- Divide the noodles into bowls and top with meatballs and extra sauce. Garnish with parmesan, if desired. Serve!